Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunburn in March?

So, Taryn and I had to work a booth selling Girl Scout cookies for her troop at Wal-Mart yesterday from 9am to 12pm. It was supposed to be a nice day, high of around 78, but I didn't expect to have any problems early in the day and I thought the sun would be blocked by the building behind us. I miscalculated. The sun was shining right in our face. I conveniently had forgotten my sunglasses so I was half blind most of the time. I was sweating like a pig and spent the last hour with an empty cookie box on my head to spare me from the sun and heat.

And to top it off, I got a nasty sunburn on my arms, where the v-neck t-shirt was open, and on my face. I am as pale and white as they come. I should have run inside and bought some sunscreen. Who gets sunburned in March? Ugh!



1 comment:

Karyl said...

OUCH!! At least tell people you were on an exotic vacation or something! I want to see a picture of you sitting in front of Wal-Mart with a box on your head!!!!!!!